Arunachula at sunrise

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Listen more, react less

As I was meditating this morning, these words came to me. I reflect on the ways these words fit into my life, where I need to increase my listening and decrease my reactions.

On the mat, listening more brings me into my body, shows respect and love for what my body needs, and by not reacting to my findings, I can take the time to choose a response to the information in a way that helps my body.

In my daily mind happenings, I can be more open to experiencing the actual going-ons around me and again, step away from reactions to what my mind may initially say. I can listen for how certain thoughts make me feel and choose to not react.

In my interpersonal happenings, if things get difficult, I can listen with openness and love, noticing my feelings and body responses without going into the habit of reacting, defending, freezing or retreating. I can listen to myself and the internal feedback I get to help me respond in a way that serves me better.

Listen more. React less.

No comments:

Post a Comment