Arunachula at sunrise

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Fall

and not the existential type. today i was running through the rain into the pet store and my right foot hit the sidewalk and slid out from under me, sending me back onto my right buttock and extended arm. i was embarrassed, but also a little bit hurt! my left shoulder and neck started to tighten up and i could tell my spine and hips got knocked out of whack. luckily, i work with other physical therapists so i was able to talk one of them into adjusting my hips...should help a bit!

so nothing is a better motivator to do yoga than being in pain. i didn't have a chance to move and practice until several hours later (after work was finished). i could feel parts of me starting to speak up a bit more, and knew if i didn't move, i'd be a goner tomorrow!

here is the practice i did tonight to nurse my wounds:

cat/cow
side cat/cow
childs, arms extended
table top
proud pigeon right
yin pigeon right
down dog
(repeat pigeons on left)
down dog
cat/cow
barrel roll in cat/cow
childs
vrasana
arms clasp overhead palms to ceiling
side stretch through extended arms right and left
"toe torture" vrasana
arms clasp behind back--focus on dropping shoulders
childs
slide to reclining buddha left
roll to reclining buddha right
yin sphinx
wide knee childs
seated baddha konasana slow progression to yin hold
roll to back knees to chest
"sloppy" supine twist--knees wide
shimmy
reclined head to knee with ankle circles right and left
reclined hero pose over bolster
supine baddha konasana with bolster
malasana





No comments:

Post a Comment