Arunachula at sunrise

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

freedom through flailing

tomorrow we meet for our final day of myofascial unwinding. if you have never experienced the sensation of unwinding, you are missing out! essentially, you go into your open awareness/dream-like state and your body starts to spontaneously move into positions of past traumas, pausing at specific places to allow your subconscious mind to process the parts of trauma that were too painful to face at the time.

watching the process is quite unsettling at first. it breaks all of society's rules. when unwinding, you shake, scream, cry, flail, roll, twist and assume positions that you did not think possible! but then again, when you are thrown from a moving car, or fighting for your life or falling down the stairs, your body does some crazy things. and most often, we don't ever scream or cry.

oh, and all those emotional traumas get to come up and express themselves too.

i'm half way through my training here, and i have realized that i am just hitting the tip of the iceberg. i am training myself slowly to be in a feeling consciousness more often...to pay attention and energize those unpleasant feelings in my gut, or my hip or my neck without having any sort of language interfere...simply feeling as deeply and fully as i can.

if you know me, you probably don't need me to tell you that it doesn't come naturally. it's a practice. and it's shifting the focus of my work into deeper and more meaningful places.

if you want more information on myofascial release, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment